Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Walls

The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy. ~ Jim Rohn

You guys know how I feel about change. I abhor change, I'm a creature of habit that loves my routine almost to the point of OCD-ism. I'm a planner, I like to have things mapped out ahead of time with extra cash handy for incidentals. Don't get me wrong, I'm not all rigid in those plans, I just want a nice framework to flow with.

I love planning.

I love it even better when things go according to plan. Especially when the people fall into the plan that my mind has laid out for them. Yes, it's like a chessboard and I'm a control freak, but anything less than that and I retreat into my solitude for days at a time.

Which is probably why you haven't heard from me in a while. And why if you tried calling me you got my very overloaded answering machine.

I'm retreating for the next couple of days. I just wish I hadn't packed up all my favorite books. Hmmm, maybe a short visit to the library is in order before I hibernate. And the liquor store. And the pharmacy for cough syrup. And the grocery store to stock up on more shortbread cookies. *sigh*

In better news, I've finally found the most absolutely PERFECT picture of the Boyfriend ever. Remember the photo shoot he did a few months ago? Turns out he's had those pix back for a while and finally shared them with me. I have one as my wallpaper now...utterly dreamy. In fact I'm going to go drool over it right now just to make me feel better. *sniff*

1 comment:

RandomlySane said...

I love that quote...something to think about. I'm a retreater too - if that's even a word - but find that if I stay away too long I end up depressed. :OP

Take your time and feel better.