Sunday, August 13, 2006

Musical Pain

...I can't cry for myself so I will let this song take all of the things inside I can't let anyone else see and offer it up, as if the sound were some kind of god, and my pain is some kind of sacrifice. ~Robert Smith

The Boyfriend wrote this amazing song for his brother last night. It has 5 verses, but after hearing it I suggested him to merge the shorter 4 verses into 2 and then have the fifth verse as some kind of hook. He tried this and it did indeed flow much better. The song he wrote is pretty amazing, showing just a small fragment of the kind of man his brother was. Very heartfelt. Very touching.

I think that music is one of his outlets. Like writing is mine. In writing I find my solace, my comfort, my happy place. I've written so much this last fortnight. I think it's because I've been in such a constant state of upheaval.

For those of you worried about my lack of books...my best friend mailed me a stash of books she had loaned from me last month. I got them yesterday and I'm so giddy. They came just in the nick of time! It's only 6 books, but they should last me for a week. Hopefully the library will be done with their renovations by then. We hope.

Anyway, I'm seeing him tonight, I have to go get ready.

2 comments:

NML/Natalie said...

I know that feeling with the writing. I didn't know how much I needed it until I started blogging. Glad you have books and the boyfriend sounds very creative.

Ms. Confessions said...

Like you & nml- I too didn’t realize how powerful writing/typing a few words can be. I use to have a journal, in fact this past Christmas my mother gave me a beautiful journal for my writing. But I find my computer and blog to be more convenient and easy for me to just release what’s on my mind (good or bad)…