Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Heroes

We can't all be heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and applaud when they go by. ~Will Rogers

I think I've found my Alias replacement. At last! It's HEROES, yall, the new sci-fi drama that is taking supernatural powers to a whole new level. I know, you think powers and think it's going to be an X-men rip-off but honestly, that's not the case. It tells a whole different story and doesn't gel with the X-men storyline in any way, shape or form. The show has a wide array of yummy, culturally diverse actors, super powers, ass-kicking a la Sydney Bristow, an indestructible cheerleader , a bunch of stuff that I don't understand (reminds of Rambaldi/Alias plotline), enough twists & intrigue to ponder for hours at a time and...it has Hiro!!! Hiro is the bomb y'all.

Seriously, if you haven't checked it out, you need to jump on it ASAP. It's already been picked up for Season 2 with NBC and it comes on Monday nights at 9pm so you can schedule it right after Prison Break. You can view all previous episodes on NBC.com to catch you up or read Erin's recaps on Television Without Pity (she's the same funny recapper that did Alias!). Oh and NBC is re-showing the first 3 epis on Sunday the 22nd (8pm) just to catch all you latecomers up.

I'll probably be dishing on it in the upcoming weeks so if you want to know what I'm talking about jump on the bandwagon NOW! This means YOU as well Poetic Justice!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

did u read my first edition of "tope's take on *ish"? Hereos was number 1. Love it !!!!!

http://augustfiend.blogspot.com/2006/10/topes-take-on-ish.html

Vixen said...

Ah...finally! I feel the love o. Be expecting calls from me the next day just to gist on it:)