Sunday, July 09, 2006

Trepidation

The Italian is meeting my mom this evening for the very first time. I'm cooking dinner and inviting my aunt & uncle as buffers.

I spent several minutes (ok, it was over an hour) rhapsodizing about him and really amping him up. However, I can see that all my talking is barely doing anything, she's still very skeptical. I don't have any qualms on Danny's end--I know that he'll be great. It's a shame my dad isn't here. He's great at thawing arctic social situations.

Being that my meeting his dad went along pretty well, I should be all cool about this, right? Wrong. I'm a mass of nerves. I'm trying not to balk and call it off at the last minute.

We'll see how THAT goes.

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

The Seeker said...

You could always make her a nice stiff drink to lighten her up. Good luck. BTW - orgasm reduces stress. Try it. :-)

Lushy said...

Yikes. My dad did not like my ex, so I know how uncomfortable those situations can become. My theory is that as long as parents can see how much a man loves their daughter, they will like him.

I hope it all goes well!

Poetic Justice said...

Good luck! I am rooting for the Italian! "Mother Knows Best"

Unknown said...

I like Seekers advice. I would just get drunk so she was ashamed of me instead of not liking him.

I'm a thinker like that.