Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Trust

We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy. ~ Walter Anderson

The Italian might be heading to Amsterdam for a few days next month for a conference. It's only going to be like a 4-5 day trip and I think he should go. He's been working super hard, a vacation would do him well. Even though he did reassure me that he wasn't going to partake of any of the hedonistic delights---I did get him to promise to take a picture of the Red Light District to bring back to me. I just want to see if it's really red lights. Yeah, I'm funny like that.

I try not to talk about him alot on here cos you know how I tend to gush on and on and on about topics I love. Suffice to say we're in a really, really good place. Trust is a really wierd thing. I trust him more because of the stuff he's told me about himself and his past and I trust him more in spite of it. Like I said---wierd. It's a stark contrast from a couple of my exes who acted like they were as pure as the driven snow and ended up to be well, not so pure...don't get me started on that!

Hope you guys are having a lovely week.

4 comments:

Poetic Justice said...

I MISS YOU!

Tutsy said...

Nice blog.... Loved a couple of ur archived posts

Pilgrimage to Self said...

I'm happy you're in a good place. It's a darn great place to be. Enjoy!

Vixen said...

Thanks you guys!