Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Solitude Redux

I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. ~ Henry David Thoreau.

They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything. ~ Bil Keane

My aunt and uncle are out of town for the next few weeks on a cruise somewhere in the Panama. Guess who's house-sitting? Yep, yours truly. I thought I would miss them horribly, but after the first couple of days I realise that I'm totally loving it. I don't get to be alone often but when I do I seriously love it. There is no companion for me better than me. Mainly because I cannot piss Me off, say something annoying to Me or do something that I don't want to do. I have the luxury of taking showers with my computer speakers blasting and the door open, of cooking exactly what I want to eat or nothing at all. I can prance around the house in my boudoir knickers or as naked as a jailbird if that is my desire. It's absolutely divine.

Sure, I do miss having people to talk to on the regular but my cell phone is needing to be recharged on the regular now, because all my friends/family are trying to keep me not lonely. Ummmm, people, it's ok---I'm not lonely! I'm sure that I can manage to amuse myself for 2 more weeks without falling apart. There's books, movies, TV, the spa, pets and all kinds of stuff to keep me sane. And let's not forget....the internet! As long as I have the 'net, I'm cool.

There is one thing though that I utterly miss. And this is the part that sucks to being alone. I miss the hugs. The all encompassing, enfolding bear hugs that send those warm fuzzies down to the tip of your toes. I really, really miss the hugs.

3 comments:

Single guy blogging said...

I know it's not the same, but here's a virtual hug coming your way! >:D<

Vixen said...

Awwww.....thank you!

NML/Natalie said...

{{{{hugs}}}}
House party! {{{{does the running man}}}}