Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Parents

We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves. ~ Henry Ward Beecher

My dad is in the country for some meetings. He landed on Monday, had meetings all day yesterday and today and now he's flying back tomorrow. How utterly atrocious is that? You fly 15 hours roundtrip for a meeting that is only for 2 days? Haven't these guys ever heard of video conferencing?

Oh well.

It's good to have him only a phone call away even though I don't get to see him until August. For some reason, I'm faced by the mortality of my parents. My dad is 60 and my mom's pushing 55 now and yet in my mind's eye I still feel like they are going to live forever. Or at least until I'm a great old lady as well! Being that they are both vegetarians with healthy lifestyles, I know that they still have a few decades left in them.

I'm going to savor my few decades.

1 comment:

Poetic Justice said...

i would like to not think of OUR parents as mortal. The immortality aspect is wonderful (even though its stupid). I prefer to think of them as growing in wisdom not in age.

needless to say my parents are the best looking young people ever.