Saturday, April 08, 2006

Movie Time!

I like to go to the movies or read. ~ Adriana Lima

I like to do both. Last weekend was my reading buffet...this weekend, it's the movies. I started it off with a bang, seeing both Take the Lead and Ice Age 2, movies that all of my friends were too 'cool' to see with me. I'm not one of those people that is shy about going to the movies by myself, I have no problem doing so. Both were actually quite entertaining!

Tonight, I'm going with a bunch of friends to catch Lucky Number Slevin, the one with Josh Hartnett (in a towel!), Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and Lucy Liu. It looks like a suspense, thrill ride, something right down my alley.

I had my first potato salad debut today. Those who know me well totally understand why this is a big thing. See, even though I'm in the US, I will still cook Nigerian food over American food any day of the week and twice on Sundays. And when I do cook something American, I tend to Naija-rize it with spices and seasonings that leave the eater wondering what this delicious concoction really is. However, today I decided to actually stick to the recipe and not jazz it up in any extra way. It came out pretty well, Kafo, I think my potato salad rocks even yours!

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Vixen said...

Yep, the movie was great....I loved it. definitely had the whole suspense angle down tight; it was a bit violent though, but not overly gratuitious, had eye candy, snappy dialogue and excellent acting. I would highly recommend it.