Monday, January 09, 2006

Pain

Pain is life - the sharper, the more evidence of life. ~ Charles Lamb

Life is pain and the enjoyment of love is an anesthetic. ~ Cesare Pavese

Last night I lay a sleeping, and was awakened in the middle of the night by my sickle cell acting up. Grrrr! I'm barely past the first week in the new year and yet it returns undeterred. Very, very annoying! Especially since I really didn't do that much to stir it up, the balance needed has been maintained the last few weeks...I'm not to blame I tell you! However, I'm well hydated, drugged up and happy, so please don't worry.

Moving right along, a BIG thank you to my friend Claire for my new webcam. This new gadget is the bomb! It zooms to my face automatically and everything. There is no way that this new toy is going to help with my Narcissistic tendencies, in fact, it's guaranteed to make it worse. Oh well.

Speaking of gadgets, I got my Motorola V80 back from Motorola over the weekend. They couldn't fix it, so I got a brand new one. How cool is that?

I've officially run out of USB ports on my computer. Which is not a good thing. I started out with 8 and now I'm down to none. I'm even using the one in front, the one that noone really ever uses, that's how desperate I am.

And here I was thinking of getting a Palm Pilot! Eeek!

PS: I'm trying not to turn this into my dating blog, so I've been glossing over some major developments. The Italian is still in the picture. So far 9 weeks and counting.....email me for details if you want them;)

1 comment:

NML/Natalie said...

Gosh I don't know how I missed this post but I know that you are better now! I will bug you for details when I'm on messenger to you about the Italian and I'm glad you're feeling better :-)