Monday, January 02, 2006

Balance

If there be light, then there is darkness; if cold, heat; if height, depth; if solid, fluid; if hard, soft; if rough, smooth; if calm, tempest; if prosperity, adversity; if life, death. ~ Pythagoras

It's a big shame that I, a DIE-HARD Toni Braxton fan, wasn't even aware that she released a new CD sometime in September until just yesterday. I'm stunned. Her record label totally screwed her over with the publicity, because if I didn't hear about...and I live on the internet, then I'm sure there are millions of her other fans who didn't hear about it either.

I got this from my sister and now I definitely have to go out and buy the album. Just to support my girl. Even though it only has 10 tracks on it, it's a return to her original sultry ballads and I'm already in love with the CD. If you haven't heard it, check it out on Amazon, but buy it from Tar-jay or Walmart or something.

Check out the title....notice anything? Yeah, Toni's a Libra too! Libra's rock man.

Moving right along, I really had a very mellow New Years. Which is suprising, I know, but I've been feeling really mellow and homebody-ish as of late. Spent ALOT of time with my kid sister, managed to get her hooked on Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters. I made a bet with her that she couldn't finish all 7 so far published books before she went back to Michigan on Tuesday. She's on book 5 now. I wonder who is going to win.

Besides that, I can log hours in the hot-tub, watching movies at home, ordering pizza and lots of girl talk. LOTS of girl talk. I realize that she is actually pretty cool, for a kid sister, and has her head on straight. I gave her lots of tips from the Bad Girls Guide and gave her advice on how to treat the little horny boys at her college. I would never have imagined me having a frank talk with my youngest sister, but talk we did.

I really feel like the wise older sister now. Wierd.

1 comment:

NML/Natalie said...

Ooh, Toni slipped under the radar with that one! I will check it out asap! I've started advising my 15 and 17 year old stepsisters about the perils of boys. It's rather funny isn't it? They always look shocked when I set them straight. Good! Better that I train them now!