Thursday, November 03, 2005

Home Remedies

Extreme remedies are very appropriate for extreme diseases. ~Hippocrates
Some remedies are worse than the disease. ~ Publilius Syrus

Ok, since the majority of my friends figured out that I have this awful cold that just won't go away, I've been inundated with all kinds of home remedies. Desperate that I am to get rid of it before my 2nd date with the hot Italian tonight, I tried...*gasp* all of them.
  1. Gargle with warm salt water: YUCK! Either I added to much salt or this concotion was a vile brew suggested by someone that I had offended. I almost hurled.
  2. Gargle with vinegar and salt: Ok, I tried this, but couldn't get past the smell of the vinegar. It ended up down the drain.
  3. Take large amounts of Vit. C pills: This was no problem for me. The only thing is that those pills are slightly sour. I figured I couldn't get Vit. C poisoning because it's a water soluble vitamin. See, higher education does pay.
  4. Drink lots of lemon tea with honey: Tea lover that I am, this wasn't hard to do
  5. Drink echinacea tea: I couldn't even pronounce it without getting dizzy, ok, i punked out of this one mainly because I didn't have any at home.
  6. Put Vick's Menthol in hot water and place your head in the rising steam with a towel over it: My eyes were burning, my throat was burning, my nose was burning...again this is another torture device.
  7. Go to the pharmacy and stock up on all their cold & sore throat drugs: Ah, drugs...the modern invention that makes me comfortable. I did this with no qualms, got some Nyquil, Advil Cold and Sinus...the works. Been popping stuff all day. I have 7 hours to go.

Please let something work!!

2 comments:

Lushy said...

I have no home remedies for you but I hope you feel better...can't miss a date with a hot Italian! :)

Lushy said...

Heh. I just realized that today is NOT Thursday. Hope the date went well.