Monday, May 30, 2005

Post Office Blues

The mail must go through--Anonymous

I've been jipped. By the post office nonetheless. Coming from an international country, I have always marvelled at the great system set up by the USPS. I loved the modernizations, the speed, the rapid delivery and dependability. I've been a great user of the system without a hitch, mailing everything from books to clothes and then some.

However now the red, blue and white colors no longer fill me with pride. Now the words USPS leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm soooooo furious!

What happened? I shipped my stuff through the mail system. I had 35 boxes, very well packed and paid around $600 to get them sent to California. I figured this was a good investment, after all the moving services were going to charge me more than 1 grand. I figured with the Postal system, I would save some extra money.

NOT!

My boxes arrived gradually and everything that was sent by Media Mail got recharged additional fees ranging from $15-$30 per box. 19 boxes were left at their mercy and they held them until I came to the Post Office and they charged me an additional $300 bucks. So to cut the long story short, I got ripped off by the same service that I would vouch for.

Needless to say, I'm not using them ever ever again for anything important ever again. If it isn't normal mail with a 37 cent stamp, it's going with UPS.

I'm going brown.

No comments: