Thursday, December 11, 2008

Technology

I am all teched out. If there was ever a problem with losing electricity forever and ever, I don't think I'd know what to do with myself. My techny-ness didn't used to be so bad until I started living with a guy that spends hours researching and latest electronic gizmo to get himself. Suddenly having him get all kinds of packages every week in the mail made me quite envious.

I'm not a sporadic techie...I could be but I pride myself on doing research. Usually when the specs boggle my mind I call on my darling lil sis...who knows the best specs for my personality and she does wonders filling in the blanks.

For instance, last week, I got my new laptop, a Gateway HDMI Gaming laptop, duo core. The specs are too beautiful to even rhapsodize about, but the laptop sells on the open market for $1200...I got it from craigslist for a steal of $700.

I have my Sony Cybershot 8mp camera, a new mp3 player (not an Ipod...thank God!) and still there are more things on my list.

The techie-ness doesn't stop with little purchases either...I just got a car a couple months ago..the new Mazda 6...2009 version. Yes, I'm very materialistic, I know. But I'm kinda going overboard because I've been poor, broke, vulnerable and disenfranchised for way too long. Now I have the blessings of being able to work for my money, and achieve my every technological desire.

I promise that in 2009, I'll have cured myself of this extravagent trait. I mean by then I should have my iPhone or Blackberry, and there is nothing more to get. I have the best equipment out there.

Yees, I am feeling myself waaaaaay too much. I know. I'll stop now. Feel free to throw stones.

No comments: