Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Carpenters

Oh my goodness, I think I'm in love. I just found the most exquisite bedroom set from Century furniture that is everything my regal self desires. I know it's going to be hella expensive to ship and probably to own, so I'm not even considering it. But wouldn't it be great if I could just pull a picture and have my carpenter make a replica? Whatever happened to carpenters man??? In Nigeria, my mom had all our furniture custom built by the carpenter guy and it was pricey but not as expensive as buying the pieces from the showroom. What do carpenters in the US even do? Pretty much just build houses right? Furniture is now industrialized, just like everything else out here. As you can pretty much tell, I'm hella homesick!

2 comments:

RandomlySane said...

lol - they're obsolete...for the record i read it last night...well more like skimmed - caused me to be behind and play catch-up early this morning!! (shaking head)

dude, WHY did you send me so many books???!!!

Kafo said...

go and buy a mattress jare