Monday, March 26, 2007

Pens

We have a natural right to make use of our pens as of our tongue, at our peril, risk and hazard. ~Voltaire

Ooooh, my first Voltaire quote. Now I really do feel like a veritable genius...lol!

I was at my friends' house tonight and needed a pen. She had a box of personalized pens with her name, phone number and email addy. I asked her why in the world she would need personalized pens when she isn't a business entity and she told me that they were for when she went out clubbing. Apparently, handing out pens with your contact info is the new status quo.

"He might lose my card...but a pen is not so easy to lose. In addition, he'll hang on to it days after---even after he's discarded all the cards/phone numbers he got that night so I have a greater chance of getting a callback."

Riiiight. Whatever makes the sun shine in your world honey.

No comments: