Friday, March 09, 2007

Budget

A budget tells us what we can't afford, but it doesn't keep us from buying it. ~William Feather

I'm trying to stay really in my budget nowadays, part of my resolutions for this year, but something here and there keeps popping it's ugly head begging me to purchase it. My boss has this financial reporting software that automatically flags everything she buys that isn't in her budget and deducts it from her 'pocket money', which automatically screws with her shopping sprees. It's like getting a bitch slap from your wallet after overspending for something that wasn't an ultimate necessity. It's actually really good, it does help keep her closer to the budget. Too bad it's not good for smaller households, mostly businesses.

I use Microsoft Money for my finances while the hubby uses Quicken. We both love our versions and hate the thought of switching to something new...but eventually with merging bank accounts and household expenses we are going to have to.

Actually, he's going to be using Microsoft Money, he just doesn't know it yet;)

No comments: