Friday, January 12, 2007

Cold

Love keeps the cold out better than a cloak. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It's freezing out here! For some reason, January brought in the worst of the 'winter' weather. Considering the Bay Area is in Cali, you would think that we are dealing with sun and fun, but alas, that isn't the case. Far from it.

I'm currently wearing a plush fleece jacket, typing with gloves and have my thick winter socks on. In the house! Like I'm in friggin' Baltimore! Not only is it an appalling 20 degrees outside (yes, I know, it's not that bad!), but it's going to dip further tonight and all weekend.


For all the disadvantages of the cold weather, there is one advantage that I absolutely adore---snuggling up under the comforter with the Boyfriend in close proximity (he has a fully stocked and functioning inner furnace) manages to warm me up when nothing else can. We are invariably going to end up spending a huge chunk of the weekend in the bedroom. Just because it's warmer in there.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.




No comments: