Monday, December 04, 2006

Truffles

If I can't have too many truffles, I'll do without truffles. ~ Sidonie Gabrielle Colette

One of the surprising advantages of living and loving a world traveller is that every single meal, every single bite is a wonderful rapture of culinary delights. In the last month, I've eaten so many foods from all over the world from exotic cheeses to spicy sauces and of course, my personal favorite, the delightfully decadent chocolate.

I'm not really a chocolate lover, I savor one or two pieces and close the box. However Teuscer chocolates from Switzerland are the closest to heaven we'll ever find here on earth. They are that good. I thought Reese's was a dream chocolate, so you can understand where my rapture comes from.

The best part about me eating dishes from every continent in the world is that his palate is so cultivated that when I introduce any of my favorite spicy Nigerian dishes, he's totally loving it as well.

1 comment:

Lola A. Åkerström said...

Hey?! I contest that! :P

Truffles from Belgium, Scandinavia, and even the UK (Thornton's) are on par with Swiss truffles.

Lets just say all truffles made outside of the US are gifts from the gods!

Besides, hope you're doing great my lady. We need to catch up one of these days.