Friday, September 08, 2006

Moods

Personally, I find serenity in accepting that the flow of my thoughts and moods is a gnarly computation that's fundamentally the same as a cloud, a flame, or a fluttering leaf. ~Rudy Rucker

I've been on a see-saw of emotions lately. It can vary from moments of happiness interspersed with stubborness. And then, in the blink of an eye, due to some light external force, it changes again. Most of the time when I'm moody, I retreat to myself, sequestering in my room to write, read, think and just let the emotions rush over me.

However, for the most part the last couple of days, I haven't been unable to do that. Mostly due to the fact that we have company in town. And how can I be moody when the Boyfriend is still upset over his brother's death? I mean---how can any of the paltry emotions I'm going through even begin to compare to that?

*sigh*

Hopefully this too shall pass.

2 comments:

Poetic Justice said...

you have a right to feel the way you feel. Take it easy girl!

RandomlySane said...

hmmmm...there's nothing wrong with moodiness - we're human. we have ups and downs all the time. and you can't downplay your feelings because of his feelings...both of you have the right to feel and express your emotion....just recognize it for what it is....it will pass eventually...