Sunday, June 18, 2006

Jazz

The spirit of jazz is the spirit of openness. ~ Herbie Hancock

On Saturday evening I got invited by my friend Claire to go to a piano bar. It's in Berkeley, a jazz club that was in a pretty upscale and swank establishment. Never one to say no to a good time, I strapped on my high heels, looked the part and headed for a night out on the town.

I've never heard live jazz being played before and I just have to say, I seriously now know that I've been missing out. We sat in the lounge and people watched, sipping our drinks and listening to the band. There were many people there, but it wasn't overly crowded. We had our heads together and made up all kinds of life stories for the strangers, the ambience and music were excellent and we just had a good ol' time.

If you've never been to a jazz lounge, be sure to go whenever you get an opportunity. You can never go wrong with Jazz.

I'm a believer.

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

TMinx said...

ooh i love jazz! and soul music lounges are even better.

BTW Nice blog!

Poetic Justice said...

You HAVE BEEN TAGGED

Tunde Adeleye (Africa's #1 Educational Consultant) said...

didn't know u were a jazz fan.

let's talk jazz...