Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Twenty Firsts

I got this from Nicole's Blog. She's doing this massive tagging all week and I loved this one.

TWENTY FIRSTS

1. Who was your first prom date?
I didn't go to prom. The first official 'dance' I went to, I must have been closer to 21 and it was in college. My date was my roomie's best male friend, after this other guy that wanted to go with me bailed out due to a 'broken ankle' which really wasn't broken. I was looking quite fabulous that day though:)

2. Who was your first roommate?
Besides my sisters? Well then that would be Kat who ended up being my best friend in senior high.

3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk for the first time?
A Cosmopolitan on the eve of my 21st birthday. Just one full cup and I was hella drunk. Had a hangover from hell the next day and swore off getting wasted ever since then.

4. What was your first job?
I helped my mom sell bread to wholesale food stores. I loaded the bread from the bakery to our house, then to the stores and stacked them. There is a method to stacking bread I'll have you know.

5. What was your first car?
'97 Dodge Neon piece of crap. Yes, I've since upgraded. Never, every buy a Neon!

6. When did you go to your first real funeral?
My dad's a minister so I've been to dozens of funerals in my day. The first funeral of someone that I really intimately knew was the one of the janitor of our church. He had a heart attack and left 4 heartbroken kids. Very sad.

7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?
I was 12, going on 13. Went away to a boarding school of my own choosing. I snuck filling the forms and bargained with my parents that I was only going to take the entrance exam but I wouldn't enroll until the next school year. Somehow I scored the highest on the test and the school prinicipal came to our house (2 hours away) to beg my parents to let me enroll that very semester. Ended up doing only half a term of Grade 9 and enrolled in Grade 10. My parents didn't want me to go but I was ready to spread my wings and fly. And Miss Independent was born.

8. Who was your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Keller. My 3rd grade teacher was Mrs. Dry and she was a real tough cookie.

9. Where did you go on your first airplane ride?
When I was 4 years old. Flew KLM to the US.

10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
I snuck out with my brother to buy suya from the marketplace at night. My sis covered for us. I think I was 11.

11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them?
Besides my sisters? That would be Kat. And yes we are still friends

12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parent’s house?
Boarding school. For a whole year. It was quite an illuminating experience.

13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
Depends on what's causing my bad day. If it's spiritual, my sis the Engineer--- she has a way to put things in perspective. If it's personal, then it has to be a toss-up between Claire and Joyci.

14. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen?
Some lady from our church. My dad was the Minister doing the ceremony and so I guess I was included as a flowergirl out of respect? Haven't been a bonafide bridesmaid yet.

15. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Wash my face, brush my teeth and drink 2 cups of water.

16. What was the first concert you attended?
Lots of church related concert from when I was 11. My first ever was at the Trenchard Hall in Ibadan. It was the UI, ISI and Okebola combined choirs and I think I sang in that one. My first mainstream concert was Acapella in Lansing followed by Usher in Bmore.

17. First tattoo or piercing?
Nada. Don't think I ever will do either.

18. First celebrity crush?
I have no idea. I honestly can't remember.

19. First crush?
My best friend's brother's best friend. He was a total hottie and he knew it too!

20. First love?
Bayo. Friendship turned to relationship and then back and forth for 3 years. Learned ALOT of lessons from that one.

No comments: