Friday, February 03, 2006

Food Allergy

The American public is not aware that there might be potential allergenic and toxic reactions. . . . With regular food, at least people know which foods they have an allergy to. ~ Jeremy Rifkin

I have never ever had a food allergy, so I'm really hard pressed to know what it feels like. However, yesterday my friend and I headed to the mall for a bit of therapeutic shopping. We had transversed just the first floor of the mall when we decided to stop and grab dinner at this exotic Chinese Dim Sum Restaurant.

All I ordered was the fried rice with chicken, so it boggles my mind how I ended up waking up with a fat lip today. I did try Claire's tofu and string bean entree, mayhap that is it. My lips are huge, Angelina Jolie huge. There are no other visible signs of an allergy besides the swollen lips.

Even though I loved my original lips, I'm sure that these new allergy lips will be something to write home about. So far, noone has remarked upon them (so maybe my lips are just having delusions of grandeur.)

Anyway, I'm off to go eat some leftovers.

1 comment:

NML/Natalie said...

You can get an allergy at anytime as you may have reached your tolerance threshold. I can't eat pork, white bread, chicken, nuts, red and yellow peppers and grapefruit and I've eaten all of these things for most of my life. I'm intolerant to them at the moment. Thankfully none have given me a fat lip, but Angelina style ain't bad!