Sunday, February 12, 2006

Exercise

To exercise at or near capacity is the best way I know of reaching a true introspective state. If you do it right, it can open all kinds of inner doors. ~ Al Oerter

Everything you do in life, I don't care, good or bad - don't blame God, don't blame the devil, don't blame me, blame you. You control everything! The thoughts you think, the words you utter, the foods you eat, the exercise you do. Everything is controlled by you. ~ Jack LaLanne

In the quest of taking control of my life, I've added exercise to my daily routine. The first week was rough, and I only made it in twice. The second week just ended...made it in 3 times. So next week I'm shooting for five times:)

I'm currently reading Diana Gabaldon's Fiery Cross. It's a hefty size, about 978 pages or so. But utterly riveting! I took the book with me to the gym that last few times and it's been immensely beneficial in keeping me focused and not perishing as I did my cardio workout. With that, I also have my Ipod, so I'm totally in the zone. I exercised on a Saturday nite...before I went out that evening. Let's see how long this lasts.

Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Perhaps if I keep this litany in my mind I will stay with the program.

2 comments:

JaG said...

Nice blog you've got going here! I'll surely be back! I enjoy sports too, but like you I find it hard to do it every day. I usually go swimming twice a week and that's it.

NML/Natalie said...

I find that exercise is great for clearing the head and giving you a sense of well being. Keep it up!