Friday, December 30, 2005

Insomnia


In its early stages, insomnia is almost an oasis in which those who have to think or suffer darkly take refuge. ~ Sidonie Gabrielle Colette

It's wierd to classify myself as an insomniac. Sure, I'm up all night until the wee hours of the morning, don't get to sleep until around 5AM and don't wake up until around noon, but that doesn't make me an insomniac. After all, I do go to sleep, and quite restfully too!

Since Thanksgiving, I have been inudated with sarcastic comments from my family and friends making yours truly out to be a wierd person. Apparently, they didn't know that I could stay awake all night and still function fine up until around 9AM if I had to, while they are asleep in their beds. Assuredly, I am a tad wierd, but not that crazy.

I love the night time, I always have. I think better at night, I write most of my best work at night, I get more accomplished at night, I have more fun at night. There is something about the silence of the wee hours, when all the loud boorish world is fast asleep and only a select few are up and functioning that calls to me, each and every evening on a solitary quest.

We are the NightOwls. The moon is our companion, and the sun our moon. We savor each sunrise as our beacon for heading to bed, and call high noon our signal to arise. Our biorhythms have adjusted to our schedules, and we revel in the dark that is our true nature.

So please, just leave us be. Don't be all up in my grill like that. It just irks me so. After all, I don't come to you and say, "You are a Morning Lark! That is so disgraceful!"

***end rant***

I came across a song by Shanice today that tugged at my heartstrings. It's called Every Woman Dreams. Click Here to play the video on your Windows Media Player. It's officially my new theme song.

4 comments:

Mad Munkey said...

Ah, yes... we night owls... I hate day people. And curse everyone who schedules morning meetings.

Joycii said...

Night Owls Rule !!!!

NML/Natalie said...

Night owls rock. I wish I could be one! Thanks for everything my friend. Happy new year xx

Holly said...

Go Night Owls. I find it terribly scary when people are excited that it's morning....