Friday, November 04, 2005

Seashells on the Seashore

Romance is not a science but an art, no less so than the art of eating well. And it takes cultivation and refinement if a relationship is to offer its fullest rewards. ~ Mireille Guiliano

Every time I have some moment on a seashore, or in the mountains, or sometimes in a quiet forest, I think this is why the environment has to be preserved. ~ Bill Bradley

Top 10 Reasons we Like the Italian
  1. He brought me flowers. Not roses...they were some orange tinted, gorgeous looking, haven't-yet-found-the-name-unique, thinking-outside-the-box kind of flowers.
  2. He insisted we kiss even though I had a cold. He said it would be more torturous not kissing me than catching my cold.
  3. He's a stimulating conversationalist and deeply intellectual
  4. He cooked dinner, brought it in his car, drove to pick me up and took us to the beach. And the meal was scrumptious...let's just say there were no leftovers.
  5. He's passionate about life, his job, life, his family. Driven and ambitious.
  6. Did I mention how hot he was?
  7. He's punctual, he calls and he does the whole courtship thing just right.
  8. His music choices don't make me want to strangle myself
  9. He speaks fluent Italian and it makes my toes curl
  10. He wrote a phrase for me in English, had his Naija friend teach him how to say it in Yoruba and then he quoted it to me, along with translations in English, Italian and Spanish and instructed me to choose which one I liked better.

Ok, I'm not going to get all cynical and list the top 5 reasons why we shouldn't like him. I don't even think I could get that far. So even though I was kinda sick, as you can see, I had a totally heavenly time.

1 comment:

NML/Natalie said...

Well hurry up and clone him! He sounds wonderful and lap up the attention and hold on tight. I won't be cynical either!