Monday, October 17, 2005

Social Butterfly

One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn' t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself. ~ Lucille Ball

I'm in an agreeable state: busy, enthusiastic, curious. ~ Isabelle Adjani


Wow, I've been sooooo busy lately. I'm taking today off my social calendar just to relax, chill with my family and rejuvenate. It can be a tad exhausting at times being the Goddess of Fun and Delight;)

Well, I came back on Tuesday and ever since then it's been one thing or another. Wednesday I had to catch up on blogging (reading, commenting, writing, Baggage Reclaim) and all my bills, computer stuff and correspondence. By the time I was done, my darling friend Sara popped in for a visit to welcome me back home. She came bearing gifts...Walker's shortbread cookies (and you know I just couldn't say no!) We hung out until 11pm that night.

Thursday was Claire's day. I hadn't seen her in over a month and we had ALOT of catching up to do. First stop of the day was lunch at Olive Garden, followed by a short dash to the mall and then I went to her place and shopped at the House of Claire. I came home with 6 pairs of jeans and sundry other items. After that, it was off to San Jose for a night of dancing. We went with this new girl, May, beautiful, exotic Asian. She used her wiles on the bouncers and got us in for free (and free drinks!). We were a stunning trio, the exotic Asian, the beautiful Caucasian and the gorgeous African. One of every flavor. We took pictures in the club and flirted with everyone from the bouncers to the bartenders to the DJ to the guy that performed. I got on the dance floor from when we got there (around 1030) until the DJ played the last track.

Friday I had time to clean the house proper in the morning and run a load of laundry. I was feeling the burn from last night (dancing in heels in no joke!) After that I was once again out the door, just catching up on errands and such. It was supposed to be an early night, and I was supposed to play spades with Joyci, but somehow, plans just didn't gel (sorry sweets!). However, I did talk to all my east coast people and managed to catch up with everyone, so I guess the evening wasn't a total wash. And yes NML, I was in my boudoir knickers!

Saturday, headed off to church and was super early this week cos my grandparents were in town. I have been having issues falling asleep lately and was living off 4 hours of sleep. We stayed after church for the potluck and didn't get home till around 330pm, which gave me just enough time to scrounge through my unpacked boxes and pull out my cocktail dress.

I did my hair/makeup and headed out for an anniversary party/black tie affair. And let me tell you something, Gay people REALLY know how to party! I had such a FABulous time! Even though I had never met the couple before, they were so hospitable. The food was awesome, the scenary was beautiful, the music was off the chain (yeah, I was on the dance floor!), and drinks flowed like water. The DJ was using an Apple computer and had every single song that you would want. I kept trying not to dance alot (still recuperating from Thursday), but he kept playing ALL my favorite jams and I couldn't resist. There was a plethora of single women there. I think more straight guys should come to gay parties just to even the numbers out. It's the best kept secret that straight guys don't know. Guess they didn't pick up anything from watching Sex & the City or Will & Grace.

Of course you know I woke up ridiculously late!

Then another girlfriend came to pick me up and we headed to Dublin for dinner with a college chum and a movie. There was an accident on the way, that backed up the highway for MILES and we had to turn round...ended up going to Olive Garden (ok, twice in one week, I know!). But I ordered something else, so it's all good.

After that, Sheneeka, being the sensible one, decided to call it a night. Rhea and I drove around Oakland, looking for something to get into. We ended up at some pool hall in Oakland, and played around in there, and yes, I got to use my swanky business cards.

So pretty much this week I've been a hot commodity. Giving up TV hasn't been all that bad, as you can see. My roomies say I've been like a butterfly, flitting in and out of the house just to sleep. Must make it up to them. I think LA must have changed me in some way. For I wasn't such a social until I returned. It also might be that now I'm so old 25, my Libra tendencies have fully matured. You know how we love to be the center of attention!

Am I different since I got back?

1 comment:

NML/Natalie said...

Wow! You are a serious social butterfly! You put me to shame! Loving you being in your boudoir knickers! It's worthwhile stayin in when you feel and look good!