Thursday, April 28, 2005

Thursday Nights....

I can think of nothing more boring for the American people than to have to sit in their living rooms for a whole half hour looking at my face on their television screens. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ok, so some presidents happen to be quite smart. Others it's hard to say. If Eisenhower knew that to interupt one's Thursday night line-up to give a speech about social security and rising gas prices was wrong, he should have passed it on.

Don't presidents have a book where they right all things that are taboo to do to the American people? Ok, not that I'm claiming to be American...but just know that the Nigerian prez would know better than to interupt ANY soccer match that Naija was playing to give a speech.

I mean, I look forward to my Thursday night lineup. It only comes around once a week. It's the only night that I have fully dedicated to one TV station, nowadays, it's hard to be loyal. But instead of the witty repartee of Will and Grace, I get this, your president giving me a speech on how technology is going to improve gas prices. Duhhhh, I could have told you that in 5 seconds, it didn't need to take a whole hour!!!

And the SS plan, even though most people are against it, doesn't sound to shoddy, but he didn't have to cut into my time with Joey to tell me that. He should just write a blog about it, and spam everyone's email the way he did during the electoral process. That would have worked.

But noooooo! He has to give a detailed speech, yammering on about the pros and cons of giving more tax breaks to rich people and screwing with a system that was fine before he started tinkering with it. So what if the system will be broke by 2045? Most of us would have died from a nuclear winter anyway, or be living on Mars, and I'm sure the rest alive over here will be able to survive. Most countries don't have the luxury of a bonafide SS plan, and they are taking care of their old parents just fine, without any help from the government. So if the system is broke, I'm sure that your kids will have you stay with them. (If you don't have kids, then you need to start working on your 401K)

Still, this is info that I didn't need to know. He could have broadcasted during the news hour...people who watch the news like to be informed...the rest of us just want to be entertained.
Note to Prez: Don't ever interuppt my lineup again. And if you are going to, make it Monday night or Tuesday. Or even Friday. Just don't mess with Thursday...and DON"T EVER TOUCH WEDNESDAY!!!!

Because Wednesday is Alias. And everybody knows not to screw with me and my one hour of Alias. If you do, I'm liable to go ballistic on you. And trust me, you don't want that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said! Bravo!